ABILENE, Texas - Despite a light morning freeze, afternoon temps will warm to near 70 Monday.
Monday afternoon we're tracking sunny skies with afternoon highs warming to the upper 60s and low 70s.
Overnight Monday we'll cool into the upper 40s and low 50s.
Tuesday we'll see another warm day with highs around 70 degrees before our next cold front arrives. This front will sweep in during the afternoon but with little moisture to work with, it won't bring rain chances back just yet.
Wednesday morning we'll see lows around 40 degrees before warming to the mild mid 60s in the afternoon.
Our warming trend is back to round out the work week. Thursday afternoon highs will make it to the mid 70s with Friday highs in the mid 80s.
Another cold front arrives Friday night. Lows will cool into the mid 40s Saturday morning with a 20% chance of showers that will linger throughout the day, thanks to a stalled cold front to our south.
Highs Saturday will warm to the low 60s with mostly cloudy skies.
More of the same on Sunday, rain chances continue but won't be as good and we'll see mostly cloudy skies with highs in the low 60s.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated