ABILENE, Texas - Good morning and TGIF! As you’re getting up conditions outside will be mostly clear to partly cloudy with temperatures in the mid-60s to low 70s and winds will be out of the south at 5-15 mph.
Friday afternoon will clear out to mostly sunny conditions with highs above normal in the mid/ upper 80s and winds will keep out of the south/ southeast at 5-15 mph. Friday night is expected to be mostly clear and in the mid/ upper 60s.
Into the weekend, on Saturday, a weak cold front will push through. Saturday morning will see a 10-20 percent chance of scattered showers and dry out into the afternoon. Highs will go back to normal in the low/ mid-80 with mostly sunny skies and winds will switch to the northeast at 5-10 mph. Saturday night will be mostly clear with lows in the low 60s and winds will switch to the southeast at 5-10 mph.
On Sunday we will be mostly sunny again but highs will bump back to the mid/ upper 80s with southeast winds at 5-10 mph. Sunday night the region will be mostly clear to partly cloudy and in the low/ mid-60s.
Then on Monday, our next cold front will push through the Big Country. Highs through the afternoon will vary, mainly ranging from the low to upper 80s with mostly sunny skies and winds will switch to the north at 5-15 mph. Monday night will become partly cloudy with lows in the upper 50s and we will build a 10 percent chance of scattered showers.
Tuesday and Wednesday look like they will be partly cloudy with highs below normal in the low/ mid-70s and winds will remain out of the north/northeast at 5-10 mph. On Tuesday the region will keep a 10 percent chance of scattered showers. Lows through this period will be in the mid-50s with partly cloudy conditions.
Currently, for Thursday, it looks like skies will remain partly cloudy with highs below average in the mid-70s.
Have a great day! –MV-
- Updated Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- 2 held in shooting death of North Texas boy, 5, brother hurt
- 17.3 MILLION: Ikea recalls dressers again after death of 8th child
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Donors step up for Abilene Salvation Army ahead of Thanksgiving
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down