ABILENE, Texas - Good morning! As you’re getting up conditions outside will be cloudy with temperatures ranging from the Mid-30s to Low 40s with winds from the north at 5-10 mph. There are scattered showers across the region this morning and due to temperatures, a wintry mix can be possible for some locations. Be mindful on any untreated roadways this morning.
Wednesday afternoon we will keep cloudy skies with highs in the upper 30s to mid-40s and winds will be out of the north at 5-10 mph. Through the afternoon the region will see a 40-70 percent chance of showers with the possibility of a wintry mix for some locations. Southwestern most areas are likely to see some snow in that mixture as well. Luckily into Wednesday night precipitation chances push out, we will clear slightly and lows will be back around freezing in the low/ mid-30s.
By Thursday all precipitation chances will be south of the Big Country. Highs are expected to be in the mid-40s to low 50s with partly cloudy skies and winds from the northwest at 5-10 mph. Thursday night we will continue to clear and lows will be in the low/ mid-30s.
For Friday temperatures will warm to the mid/ upper 50s with mostly sunny skies and winds will be out of the northwest at 5-10 mph. Friday night the region will be mostly clear and in the mid/ upper 30s.
Into the weekend, both Saturday and Sunday look like they will be sunny to mostly sunny with highs above normal in the mid/ upper 60s and winds will switch to the southwest at 5-10 mph. Lows through this time will be in the upper 30s/ low 40s.
On Monday another cold front will move in. Highs are expected to be in the mid-60s with partly cloudy skies and winds will switch back to the north at 5-10 mph. Monday night we will clear slightly and be in the low/ mid-30s.
Currently, Tuesday looks like it will be in the upper 50s/ low 60s, which is around average. Skies are going to be mostly sunny with northwest winds at 5-10 mph. Tuesday night is expected to be in the mid-30s with mostly clear conditions.
Note: Keep a close eye on the forecasts today since changes are likely as the day progresses.
Have a great day! –MV-
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver