ABILENE, Texas - Good morning! As you’re getting up conditions outside are partly cloudy to mostly cloudy with temperatures ranging from the upper 30s to low 50s as our overnight cold front finishes moving out of the region. Winds will switch to the northeast at 10-20 mph and there will be isolated shower chances this morning. Take a warm jacket when you head out!
Tuesday afternoon highs will vary from the mid-40s to mid-50s with partly sunny to mostly cloudy skies. Winds will remain out of the northeast at 5-15 mph and there will be a 10-20 percent chance of isolated showers through the day. Tuesday night we will see rain chances build and lows cool to the low/ mid-30s. This means some locations could see a wintry mix overnight with the best chances for southwestern areas. You will have to be mindful on roadways early Wednesday morning.
On Wednesday we will remain below normal in the mid-40s to low 50s with mostly cloudy conditions. Winds will be out of the north at 5-10 mph and we will have a 20-40 percent chance of scattered showers through the afternoon. Wednesday night rain chances will linger and once again lows will be in the low 30s so a wintry mix could be possible. Best chances will remain for southwestern areas. You’ll need to be mindful on roadways early Thursday morning.
Thursday afternoon we will keep highs in the low/ mid-50s with partly cloudy skies and clear slightly through the day. Winds will remain out of the north at 5-10 mph. Thursday night we will cool to the low/ mid-30s with mostly clear to partly cloudy conditions.
Friday through Sunday look like they will be sunny to mostly sunny with highs warming to the low/ upper 60s and winds will switch the west/ northwest at 5-10 mph. Lows through this period will be in the upper 30s/ mid-40s.
On Monday, it looks like we’ll become partly cloudy again with highs in the low/ mid-60s. Monday night is expected to be partly cloudy and in the low 40s.
Note: Weather conditions are likely to change over the next 48 hours. Make sure to keep updated, particularly those who live in southwestern portions of the Big Country as we go into Tuesday and Wednesday night.
Have a great day! –MV-
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver