ABILENE, Texas - Good morning! As you’re getting up conditions outside will be mostly clear to partly cloudy with temperatures ranging from the low 30s to upper 30s. This means some locations will see freezing lows as they begin the day. Winds are out of the northwest around 5-10 mph. Once again we are looking at a chance of fog across the region this morning, with some locations likely to see freezing fog. (Freezing fog as defined by the National Weather Service: A fog which the droplets of which freeze upon contact with exposed objects and form a coating of rime and/or glaze). You will want a warm jacket when you leave the house today.
Thursday afternoon the region will be mostly sunny with highs warming to the mid/ upper 50s and winds will switch to the southeast at 5-10 mph. Thursday night partly cloudy skies will return to the region and lows will cool to the upper 30s/ mid-40s.
For Friday, highs will warm even more to the low/ mid-60s with partly cloudy to mostly cloudy skies. Into Friday night the area will remain partly cloudy, see lows cool to the mid-50s and winds will be out of the south at 5-10 mph.
Into the weekend, for Saturday, partly cloudy conditions will remain and highs will make it close to average in the low 70s with south winds at 5-15 mph. Into Saturday night our next cold front will begin to move into the region. This will cause skies to become cloudy and lows will cool to the low 50s.
On Sunday, due to the cold front, highs will be back in the mid-60s with partly cloudy skies, north winds at 5-10 mph and there will be a 10-20 percent chance of scattered showers. Sunday night the rain chances will remain and lows will be in the upper 40s.
For Monday, the region will remain partly cloudy with highs in the mid-60s. Winds will switch to the southeast at 5-10 mph and there will be a 10 percent chance of isolated showers through the afternoon. Monday night skies will begin to clear and lows will be in the low 50s.
Currently, for Tuesday and Wednesday, it looks like the region will be mostly sunny with temperatures warming back above average in the low/ mid-70s. Lows through this period will be in the low/ mid-50s.
Have a great day! –MV-
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Ann Wedgeworth, born in Abilene & known for 'Three's Company' role, dies at 83
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- KTXS Forecast: Quiet Sunday ahead
- Kidnapping suspect claims he thought he was driving his own car & child to Houston
- Love and Care MInistries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD