ABILENE, Texas - Good morning! As you’re getting up conditions outside will be mostly clear to partly cloudy with temperatures in the upper 50s to low 60s and winds will be out of the south at 5-10 mph.
Thursday afternoon highs will quickly warm to the mid/ upper 80s, which is well above normal for this time of year. Skies are expected to be mostly sunny with winds building from the south at 5-15 mph. Thursday night we will become mostly clear to partly cloudy and cool to the mid-60s.
For our Friday, highs will keep in the mid/ upper 80s with mostly sunny conditions and have winds from the south at 5-10 mph. Friday night will see slight cloud cover build in, but lows will stay in the mid-60s.
Into the weekend, on Saturday, the region will become partly cloudy with highs in the mid-80s and winds will go to the southwest at 10-20 mph. Into Saturday night our next cold front will begin moving into the region. This will cause us to become partly cloudy to mostly cloudy with lows in the low 60s. We will also build a 10-20 percent chance of thundershowers overnight.
On Sunday that cold front will push through the Big Country through the day. Highs will cool to the low/ mid-70s with partly cloudy skies, winds will switch to the north at 10-20 mph and we will have a 40 percent chance of scattered thundershowers. Sunday night will remain partly cloudy, lows cool to the low 50s and rain chances move out.
For Monday and Tuesday the region will become mostly sunny with highs staying in the mid/ upper 70s. Winds will be out of the northeast at 5-15 mph on Monday and drop to the southeast on Tuesday. Lows through this period will be in the upper 40s to low 50s with mostly clear conditions.
Currently, for Wednesday, it looks like the region will warm back to average in the upper 70s/ low 80s and have sunny skies.
Have a great day! –MV-
- Local church hosts car show to help victims of Hurricane Harvey
- DACA advocates march in front of Abilene City Hall
- Local officers collected tips at Red Robin for Special Olympics Texas
- Busch Jewelers in Abilene going out of business after 73 years
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Wanted: 10 fugitives sought by Abilene police
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Anson man indicted for indecency with a child
- 2 arrested for allegedly distributing meth across 3 counties
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation