ABILENE, Texas - A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect for most of our region through Friday morning. Snow has been falling mainly south of I-20 through 1:30 AM Friday morning. This snowfall is spreading northeast and should affect areas around and north of I-20 before sunrise Friday.
Travel is discouraged as bridges and overpasses will likely become icy after the snow starts falling.
Roads in the San Angelo area are slushy and around one inch of snow has accumulated on car tops there. Snow has also been reported east of San Angelo in Ballinger, Winters and Coleman.
TXDOT reports that crews have been treating bridges in Runnels county. They also report that ice and snow are found on many bridges and overpasses in Tom Green and Concho counties.
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program