ABILENE, Texas - We tracked showers and thunderstorms across our northern areas Thursday morning. Showers and thunderstorms fired up again south of I-20 early afternoon. Storms are currently southeast and west of our area along and near a stalling cold front.
Much of our region has been mild Thursday afternoon with high temperatures in the 80s. Warmer 90s are just to our south and this warmer air is forecast to move back in on Friday.
We are keeping a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in our forecast for Thursday night. Low temperatures should be back around 70 Friday morning.
As the old cold front moves back north as a warm front, we could see mainly afternoon and evening showers or thunderstorms Friday. The better chances for rain look to be for the eastern portions of the big country and heartland. Otherwise, look for partly cloudy skies Friday with high temperatures in the lower 90s.
Dry weather with generally partly cloudy skies is forecast for Saturday through Thursday. High temperatures should be in the middle 90s with low temperatures in the lower 70s each day.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances