ABILENE, Texas - We tracked breezy north winds over our region Tuesday. Winds gusted as high as 41 mph in Abilene. Winds have died down again Tuesday evening. Wind speeds overnight should be in the 10-15 mph range.
Those breezy north winds have continued to bring in cooler air into our region. Look for low temperatures Wednesday morning in the lower 40s.
Look for mostly fair skies Wednesday. Wind are forecast to be from the north at 15-25 mph. High temperatures Wednesday should be in the upper 60s.
We are expecting clouds to move back in Wednesday night. Lows in the Abilene area should be around 40 Thursday morning. However, if skies remain clear, a light frost could develop Thursday morning - especially around Brownwood and for areas north of I-20.
Partly cloudy skies are expected for Thursday and Friday. High temperatures Thursday should be around 70 Thursday. Look for readings around 80 Friday.
It should be mostly sunny and very warm Saturday through Tuesday. High temperatures should be around 90 each day.
Unfortunately, no rain is forecast for our area through Monday.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9