ABILENE, Texas - The heat is building over our region Wednesday afternoon with triple digit temperatures in our western and northern areas. Look for similar conditions Thursday with highs in the upper 90s to low 100s at most locations.
The extreme heat is forecast to lessen a bit for Friday and Saturday, but temperatures should still be above normal with highs in the middle to upper 90s.
A cold front is still forecast to move into the Big Country Sunday morning and bring milder high temperatures and a chance of needed rainfall for Sunday and Monday. Right now, we are being conservative and keeping rain chances at 20%. High temperatures Sunday and Monday are expected to be around 90.
Dry weather will likely settle back in for Tuesday with afternoon temperatures in the lower 90s.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'