ABILENE, Texas - We tracked two separate storm systems into our region Tuesday - mainly the Concho valley in the morning and the big country in the afternoon. Winds gusted over 50 mph in Haskell and Knox counties as a line of stronger storms moved through those counties Tuesday afternoon. Over one inch fell in some locations like Sweetwater and Haskell.
We are tracking storms in northern Oklahoma tonight. They are forecast to weaken as they move south. But as we have seen in recent days, showers and thundershowers with gusty winds may survive and make it into our area Wednesday morning.
Partly cloudy skies clouds are forecast for our area tonight with lows around 70. A chance of thunderstorms will continue in our forecast for Wednesday. Look for afternoon highs around 90.
Mostly dry weather and near normal temperatures are forecast for Thursday through Monday. Highs should be in the lower to middle 90s and lows should be in the lower 70s each day.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS