ABILENE, Texas - We tracked two separate storm systems into our region Tuesday - mainly the Concho valley in the morning and the big country in the afternoon. Winds gusted over 50 mph in Haskell and Knox counties as a line of stronger storms moved through those counties Tuesday afternoon. Over one inch fell in some locations like Sweetwater and Haskell.
We are tracking storms in northern Oklahoma tonight. They are forecast to weaken as they move south. But as we have seen in recent days, showers and thundershowers with gusty winds may survive and make it into our area Wednesday morning.
Partly cloudy skies clouds are forecast for our area tonight with lows around 70. A chance of thunderstorms will continue in our forecast for Wednesday. Look for afternoon highs around 90.
Mostly dry weather and near normal temperatures are forecast for Thursday through Monday. Highs should be in the lower to middle 90s and lows should be in the lower 70s each day.
- Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading