ABILENE, Texas - We've had fair skies and mild temperatures today. Mostly fair skies should continue for tonight with lows in around 60.
It should be partly cloudy, windy and warmer Wednesday with highs in the upper 80s. We are tracking a slight chance of afternoon thunderstorms for Wednesday.
A better chance of evening thunderstorms is forecast for Wednesday night. Some storms could be severe with large hail and damaging winds.
A weak cold front should move through most of our region Thursday morning - bringing back milder temperatures for Thursday and Thursday night.
It should be mostly sunny and very warm again for Friday and Saturday with highs around 90 both days.
We are tracking a chance of strong thunderstorms for Saturday night into Sunday morning. It should still be warm Sunday with highs around 90.
Milder air is forecast to filter back in Monday and stay Tuesday.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency