ABILENE, Texas - Near record high temperatures were found over most of our region Thursday afternoon. The high in Abilene was 96 degrees. Strong southwest winds helped bring in that very warm air.
Winds are much calmer Thursday night. The dry air and mostly fair skies should allow temperatures to fall into the lower 60s Friday morning.
Fairly light winds and increasing high clouds should help keep high temperatures in the middle to upper 80s Friday.
Higher humidity air is forecast to move back in Friday night on southeast winds. Look for mostly cloudy skies Friday night through Saturday morning. Low temperatures should be in the 60s Saturday.
As the dryline moves east into that muggy air Saturday, we could see scattered afternoon thunderstorms develop in our region. Expect dangerous lightning. Afternoon temperatures are forecast to warm to near 90 Saturday afternoon.
A similar situation is forecast for Sunday. However the better chance for storms looks to be mainly east of Abilene Sunday afternoon. Temperatures should be back up around 90 Sunday afternoon with strong west wind.
A strong surge of cooler air is forecast to blow in Sunday night with strong north winds. Look for lows in the 40s with highs in the 60s Monday. We still have a slight chance of afternoon showers in the forecast for Monday.
It should be mostly fair and mild Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated