ABILENE, Texas - We are tracking a cold front that should move through the region early Tuesday. It should turn our winds to the northwest and increase them a bit - back up to around 15 mph before sunrise Tuesday.
Fair skies should continue over our region Monday night with lows dropping to around 50 Tuesday morning.
Unfortunately, winds are forecast to increase back up into the 20-30 mph range late morning Tuesday and continue that way through the afternoon. Wind gusts could be in the middle 30s.
So, a Red Flag Warning is expected to be in effect of much of our region from 11 AM through 8 PM Tuesday. No outdoor burning is allowed.
Mostly fair skies should continue Tuesday with afternoon temperatures only warming into the middle 70s - about 10 degrees cooler than Monday.
Cool air will continue to filter in Tuesday night. Low temperatures Wednesday morning should be in the lower 40s.
A few clouds may return Wednesday. High temperatures will struggle to reach 70 Wednesday afternoon. Winds Wednesday are forecast to be from the north at 15-20 mph.
If skies stay clear, there will be a chance for a light frost Thursday morning for the Brownwood / Heartland area and in low lying areas of the Big Country.
One more coolish day Thursday with partly cloudy skies and high temperatures around 70.
Mostly fair skies and warming temperatures are forecast for Friday through Monday.
Right now, we are not carrying any rain chances in our forecast through Monday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated