ABILENE, Texas - We are tracking scattered showers and thunderstorms in our region again Sunday afternoon. Lightning and heavy rainfall are the main dangers from the stronger thunderstorms. There is a small chance of strong, damaging winds from thunderstorms.
An upper level disturbance is helping create the rainfall in our area again Sunday afternoon. Shower chances are forecast to lower some as we move into the nighttime hours. Lows Monday morning should be in the lower 70s.
This upper level disturbance is expected to stay with us Monday. The better chances for showers and thunderstorms looks to be south of I-20. Elsewhere, look for partly cloudy skies and high temperatures in the middle 90s.
Dry weather is expected for Tuesday and Wednesday with afternoon temperatures in the upper 90s. We have a chance of showers and thunderstorms again for Thursday as another weak disturbance moves into our region. Mostly fair skies with highs in the upper 90s are expected for Friday through Sunday.
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores