ABILENE, Texas - We are tracking scattered showers and thunderstorms in our region again Sunday afternoon. Lightning and heavy rainfall are the main dangers from the stronger thunderstorms. There is a small chance of strong, damaging winds from thunderstorms.
An upper level disturbance is helping create the rainfall in our area again Sunday afternoon. Shower chances are forecast to lower some as we move into the nighttime hours. Lows Monday morning should be in the lower 70s.
This upper level disturbance is expected to stay with us Monday. The better chances for showers and thunderstorms looks to be south of I-20. Elsewhere, look for partly cloudy skies and high temperatures in the middle 90s.
Dry weather is expected for Tuesday and Wednesday with afternoon temperatures in the upper 90s. We have a chance of showers and thunderstorms again for Thursday as another weak disturbance moves into our region. Mostly fair skies with highs in the upper 90s are expected for Friday through Sunday.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested