ABILENE, Texas - We've had scattered light showers in the big country today. The showers we've been tracking this afternoon have really weakened and moved east. The afternoon sunshine has pushed temperatures back into the upper 90s.
More showers and thunderstorms are expected to move into our area this evening and overnight. Lightning should be the main weather danger.
A cold front should move through much of our region late tonight and bring back milder temperatures for Thursday. Low temperatures Thursday morning should be in the upper 60s.
Rain and thunderstorms are expected to be east and south of our area for Thursday. Look for decreasing clouds Thursday with high temperatures in the middle upper 80s.
Mostly fair skies are forecast to Thursday night with low temperatures in the middle 60s Friday morning. Fair to partly cloudy skies are expected for Friday with high temperatures in the upper 80s. A slow warming trend with fair skies is forecast for Saturday through Tuesday.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend