ABILENE, Texas - We've had scattered light showers in the big country today. The showers we've been tracking this afternoon have really weakened and moved east. The afternoon sunshine has pushed temperatures back into the upper 90s.
More showers and thunderstorms are expected to move into our area this evening and overnight. Lightning should be the main weather danger.
A cold front should move through much of our region late tonight and bring back milder temperatures for Thursday. Low temperatures Thursday morning should be in the upper 60s.
Rain and thunderstorms are expected to be east and south of our area for Thursday. Look for decreasing clouds Thursday with high temperatures in the middle upper 80s.
Mostly fair skies are forecast to Thursday night with low temperatures in the middle 60s Friday morning. Fair to partly cloudy skies are expected for Friday with high temperatures in the upper 80s. A slow warming trend with fair skies is forecast for Saturday through Tuesday.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill