ABILENE, Texas - Fair skies and very warm temperatures are found over the region this afternoon. High temperatures are back in the low to middle 90s Sunday afternoon. Fair skies should remain Sunday night with lows in the middle 70s.
We are tracking higher pressure in the upper part of the atmosphere that is building towards our region from this west. This should keep our skies fair and our temperatures above normal for the work week.
Look for afternoon readings in the upper 90s to near 100 Monday. High temperatures Tuesday and Wednesday should be around 100.
Some of our weather forecast models are indicating that a weak cold front may move into our northern areas Thursday. If this happens, we could see a few showers in the northern portions of the big country Thursday.
Fair and very warm conditions are expected for Friday and Saturday with the high temperatures around 100 both days. It's possible that we could see a weak cold front try to move into our region again on Sunday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated