ABILENE, Texas - Fair skies and very warm temperatures are found over the region this afternoon. High temperatures are back in the low to middle 90s Sunday afternoon. Fair skies should remain Sunday night with lows in the middle 70s.
We are tracking higher pressure in the upper part of the atmosphere that is building towards our region from this west. This should keep our skies fair and our temperatures above normal for the work week.
Look for afternoon readings in the upper 90s to near 100 Monday. High temperatures Tuesday and Wednesday should be around 100.
Some of our weather forecast models are indicating that a weak cold front may move into our northern areas Thursday. If this happens, we could see a few showers in the northern portions of the big country Thursday.
Fair and very warm conditions are expected for Friday and Saturday with the high temperatures around 100 both days. It's possible that we could see a weak cold front try to move into our region again on Sunday.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit