ABILENE, Texas - Fair skies and very warm temperatures are found over the region this afternoon. High temperatures are back in the low to middle 90s Sunday afternoon. Fair skies should remain Sunday night with lows in the middle 70s.
We are tracking higher pressure in the upper part of the atmosphere that is building towards our region from this west. This should keep our skies fair and our temperatures above normal for the work week.
Look for afternoon readings in the upper 90s to near 100 Monday. High temperatures Tuesday and Wednesday should be around 100.
Some of our weather forecast models are indicating that a weak cold front may move into our northern areas Thursday. If this happens, we could see a few showers in the northern portions of the big country Thursday.
Fair and very warm conditions are expected for Friday and Saturday with the high temperatures around 100 both days. It's possible that we could see a weak cold front try to move into our region again on Sunday.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash