ABILENE, Texas - We are tracking scattered showers mainly in our eastern areas Wednesday afternoon. They have moving very little.
So, locally heavy rainfall that could cause street drainage problems and lightning are the main weather dangers we are tracking for the rest of Wednesday afternoon.
Showers are forecast to weaken in coverage and intensity well before sundown. Most of our area should see partly cloudy skies Wednesday night with lows in the lower 70s.
We are keeping a chance for an isolated afternoon thundershower for Thursday. Otherwise, look for partly cloudy skies with afternoon temperatures in the lower 90s.
Generally dry weather with partly cloudy skies is forecast for Friday through Tuesday. Look for high temperatures in the low to middle 90s with lows in the lower 70s.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash