ABILENE, Texas - We are tracking strong thunderstorms moving eastward today. The weather dangers are frequent lightning, heavy rainfall and possible small hail with stronger storms.
We are tracking a disturbance to our northwest that is forecast to bring a more organized line of thunderstorms to our region early Thursday morning. Low temperatures Wednesday night should be around 70.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are forecast to linger over our region Thursday. Heavy rainfall and lightning are main dangers. High temperatures Thursday should be in the 80s.
We could see another band of showers and thunderstorms move through our region Thursday night as a weak cold front moves back in. Showers and thunderstorms are expected to be mainly east of our area for Friday as slightly milder and drier air moves in. High temperatures Friday should be in the 80s again.
We are forecasting dry weather with more normal temperatures for Saturday. Fair skies with afternoon reading near 100 will be possible for Sunday through Wednesday.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth