ABILENE, Texas - We are tracking strong thunderstorms moving eastward today. The weather dangers are frequent lightning, heavy rainfall and possible small hail with stronger storms.
We are tracking a disturbance to our northwest that is forecast to bring a more organized line of thunderstorms to our region early Thursday morning. Low temperatures Wednesday night should be around 70.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are forecast to linger over our region Thursday. Heavy rainfall and lightning are main dangers. High temperatures Thursday should be in the 80s.
We could see another band of showers and thunderstorms move through our region Thursday night as a weak cold front moves back in. Showers and thunderstorms are expected to be mainly east of our area for Friday as slightly milder and drier air moves in. High temperatures Friday should be in the 80s again.
We are forecasting dry weather with more normal temperatures for Saturday. Fair skies with afternoon reading near 100 will be possible for Sunday through Wednesday.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase