ABILENE, Texas - We have been tracking isolated showers in counties just west of our area Monday. The better concentration of heavy showers and thunderstorms are farther west or northwest of our area and are not expected to move in here.
So, mostly fair skies and continued warm temperatures are forecast for Monday night. Low temperatures Tuesday morning should be in the middle 70s.
Similar weather is expected for Tuesday and Wednesday with partly cloudy skies and afternoon temperatures in the upper 90s.
An upper level disturbance is forecast to approach our area Thursday and return better chances for showers and thunderstorms for especially our western and northern areas for Thursday.
The best chances for needed rainfall for our area look to be for Friday. Most of the showers and thunderstorms are forecast to south and east of our region for Saturday through Monday.
Temperatures are expected to be a little milder for Friday through Labor Day Monday with highs in the low to middle 90s and low in the lower 70s.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck