ABILENE, Texas - We have been tracking isolated showers in counties just west of our area Monday. The better concentration of heavy showers and thunderstorms are farther west or northwest of our area and are not expected to move in here.
So, mostly fair skies and continued warm temperatures are forecast for Monday night. Low temperatures Tuesday morning should be in the middle 70s.
Similar weather is expected for Tuesday and Wednesday with partly cloudy skies and afternoon temperatures in the upper 90s.
An upper level disturbance is forecast to approach our area Thursday and return better chances for showers and thunderstorms for especially our western and northern areas for Thursday.
The best chances for needed rainfall for our area look to be for Friday. Most of the showers and thunderstorms are forecast to south and east of our region for Saturday through Monday.
Temperatures are expected to be a little milder for Friday through Labor Day Monday with highs in the low to middle 90s and low in the lower 70s.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit