ABILENE, Texas - We have been tracking isolated showers in counties just west of our area Monday. The better concentration of heavy showers and thunderstorms are farther west or northwest of our area and are not expected to move in here.
So, mostly fair skies and continued warm temperatures are forecast for Monday night. Low temperatures Tuesday morning should be in the middle 70s.
Similar weather is expected for Tuesday and Wednesday with partly cloudy skies and afternoon temperatures in the upper 90s.
An upper level disturbance is forecast to approach our area Thursday and return better chances for showers and thunderstorms for especially our western and northern areas for Thursday.
The best chances for needed rainfall for our area look to be for Friday. Most of the showers and thunderstorms are forecast to south and east of our region for Saturday through Monday.
Temperatures are expected to be a little milder for Friday through Labor Day Monday with highs in the low to middle 90s and low in the lower 70s.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated