ABILENE, Texas - We tracked scattered showers and thunderstorms in our region Tuesday afternoon and evening. The stronger storms brought heavy rainfall that sometimes exceeded one inch and nearly constant lightning.
We are tracking a new band of showers Tuesday evening that are moving eastward through the big country. Lighting will be possible from isolated thunderstorms. Otherwise, mostly cloudy skies are expected with low temperatures in the middle 70s.
Warmer air is forecast to move back in Wednesday. Partly cloudy skies are expected with high temperatures in the middle 90s. We are tracking another cold front that should move into our region from the northwest Wednesday night. Showers and thunderstorms are expected with this front. Low temperatures Thursday morning could be in the upper 60s.
Milder air should be back with us Thursday. We could see lingering showers Thursday morning. Look for decreasing clouds during the day Thursday with highs in the middle to upper 80s.
Partly cloudy skies and dry weather are expected for Friday through Sunday. Enjoy a continued break from the heat with low temperatures in the upper 60s and high temperatures in the upper 80s to near 90.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances