ABILENE, Texas - We tracked scattered showers and thunderstorms in our region Tuesday afternoon and evening. The stronger storms brought heavy rainfall that sometimes exceeded one inch and nearly constant lightning.
We are tracking a new band of showers Tuesday evening that are moving eastward through the big country. Lighting will be possible from isolated thunderstorms. Otherwise, mostly cloudy skies are expected with low temperatures in the middle 70s.
Warmer air is forecast to move back in Wednesday. Partly cloudy skies are expected with high temperatures in the middle 90s. We are tracking another cold front that should move into our region from the northwest Wednesday night. Showers and thunderstorms are expected with this front. Low temperatures Thursday morning could be in the upper 60s.
Milder air should be back with us Thursday. We could see lingering showers Thursday morning. Look for decreasing clouds during the day Thursday with highs in the middle to upper 80s.
Partly cloudy skies and dry weather are expected for Friday through Sunday. Enjoy a continued break from the heat with low temperatures in the upper 60s and high temperatures in the upper 80s to near 90.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer