ABILENE, Texas - Heat is the thing that all of our area is dealing with Thursday afternoon as temperatures are in the 102 to 106 range.
We are tracking a few isolated thundershowers that are drifting south. The weather dangers are lightning and possible strong winds near the showers and isolated thunderstorms. The showers should fade Thursday evening. Lows Thursday night should be in the middle to upper 70s.
A stray afternoon thundershower will be possible for Friday. Otherwise, look for mostly sunny skies with high temperatures back up around 101.
Fair to partly cloudy skies are expected for the weekend with temperatures in the upper 90s with lows in the middle 70s for Saturday and Sunday.
A weak cold front may move into our region Monday and bring shower chances and lower temperatures for Monday through Wednesday.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'