ABILENE, Texas - Temperatures jumped up into the lower 90s again Friday afternoon. This very warm air should continue over our region through Sunday afternoon.
We are tracking more moist air moving in from the Gulf of Mexico. This should help bring morning clouds to our region for Saturday and Sunday mornings.
This should also help keep overnight temperatures warm with lows in the low to middle 60 Saturday and Sunday.
Even with a cloudy start, temperatures should climb back up around 90 Saturday afternoon. Watch out for strong southwest winds around 25 mph with will elevate wildfire danger.
There is still a slim chance of an isolated afternoon thunderstorm forming on the dryline Saturday afternoon.
An approaching upper level disturbance could bring showers or thundershowers to areas mainly south of I-20 early Sunday morning.
Shower and thunderstorm chances shift to our eastern counties for Sunday afternoon as the dryline marches eastward through most of our region by late Sunday afternoon.
Temperatures Sunday should be back up around 90 with strong southwest winds.
A strong late season cold front is forecast to blow in Sunday night. Watch out for north winds around 30 mph. Temperatures Monday morning should be back down around 40. High temperatures Monday afternoon will struggle to reach 60.
With clear skies, light winds and chilly air in place, we could see a frost or a light freeze for Tuesday morning.
A slow warming trend is expected to begin Tuesday afternoon.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash