ABILENE, Texas - Severe storms developed in our northern counties Tuesday evening. They brought large hail to Lake Stamford in SE Haskell county and to much of Throckmorton County. The storms moved out of our region by 9 PM Tuesday.
Look for partly cloudy skies and very warm temperatures again Wednesday. Afternoon temperatures should be in the upper 80s.
We are tracking a chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms - especially east of Abilene. Areas to farther to our east and northeast have a better chance of seeing severe storms Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night.
Drier air is forecast to move back in Thursday morning and return fair skies. Cooler air should move in Thursday afternoon and stay into the weekend.
We are still tracking a chance of showers for Saturday night into Sunday.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit