ABILENE, Texas - Severe storms developed in our northern counties Tuesday evening. They brought large hail to Lake Stamford in SE Haskell county and to much of Throckmorton County. The storms moved out of our region by 9 PM Tuesday.
Look for partly cloudy skies and very warm temperatures again Wednesday. Afternoon temperatures should be in the upper 80s.
We are tracking a chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms - especially east of Abilene. Areas to farther to our east and northeast have a better chance of seeing severe storms Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night.
Drier air is forecast to move back in Thursday morning and return fair skies. Cooler air should move in Thursday afternoon and stay into the weekend.
We are still tracking a chance of showers for Saturday night into Sunday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated