ABILENE, Texas - Severe storms developed in our northern counties Tuesday evening. They brought large hail to Lake Stamford in SE Haskell county and to much of Throckmorton County. The storms moved out of our region by 9 PM Tuesday.
Look for partly cloudy skies and very warm temperatures again Wednesday. Afternoon temperatures should be in the upper 80s.
We are tracking a chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms - especially east of Abilene. Areas to farther to our east and northeast have a better chance of seeing severe storms Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night.
Drier air is forecast to move back in Thursday morning and return fair skies. Cooler air should move in Thursday afternoon and stay into the weekend.
We are still tracking a chance of showers for Saturday night into Sunday.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family