ABILENE, Texas - Severe storms developed in our northern counties Tuesday evening. They brought large hail to Lake Stamford in SE Haskell county and to much of Throckmorton County. The storms moved out of our region by 9 PM Tuesday.
Look for partly cloudy skies and very warm temperatures again Wednesday. Afternoon temperatures should be in the upper 80s.
We are tracking a chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms - especially east of Abilene. Areas to farther to our east and northeast have a better chance of seeing severe storms Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night.
Drier air is forecast to move back in Thursday morning and return fair skies. Cooler air should move in Thursday afternoon and stay into the weekend.
We are still tracking a chance of showers for Saturday night into Sunday.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide