ABILENE, Texas - Tropical moisture is moving back into our area from the east. We are tracking isolated showers in our region Tuesday afternoon that are drifting westward. The main weather dangers are possible lightning and gusty winds.
The showers are forecast to fade Tuesday evening and mostly fair skies are forecast for Tuesday night. Low temperatures Wednesday morning should be in the middle 70s.
Scattered afternoon thundershowers are expected for mainly the Heartland Wednesday as the weak tropical system moves farther into southern Texas. Elsewhere, look for partly cloudy skies with high temperatures back up near 100 Wednesday afternoon.
Better chances for showers and thundershowers are expected for Thursday with rain chances in the 20% to 30% range. Thursday's high temperatures should be in the middle to upper 90s.
Shower chances are in the 30% to 40% range for Friday and Saturday. High temperatures are expected to be in the lower 90s for those days.
Dry weather is expected for Sunday and Monday with afternoon high temperatures in the middle 90s.
- Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals