ABILENE, Texas - Tropical moisture is moving back into our area from the east. We are tracking isolated showers in our region Tuesday afternoon that are drifting westward. The main weather dangers are possible lightning and gusty winds.
The showers are forecast to fade Tuesday evening and mostly fair skies are forecast for Tuesday night. Low temperatures Wednesday morning should be in the middle 70s.
Scattered afternoon thundershowers are expected for mainly the Heartland Wednesday as the weak tropical system moves farther into southern Texas. Elsewhere, look for partly cloudy skies with high temperatures back up near 100 Wednesday afternoon.
Better chances for showers and thundershowers are expected for Thursday with rain chances in the 20% to 30% range. Thursday's high temperatures should be in the middle to upper 90s.
Shower chances are in the 30% to 40% range for Friday and Saturday. High temperatures are expected to be in the lower 90s for those days.
Dry weather is expected for Sunday and Monday with afternoon high temperatures in the middle 90s.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated