ABILENE, Texas - A cold front moved through our region Thursday. This pushed the moist air and rain chances east of our region. It also brought milder temperatures on breezy north winds.
Look for the fair skies to continue Thursday night with lows in the low to middle 50s.
Mostly sunny skies and warmer temperatures are back with us Friday. Watch out for south winds around 20 mph. Afternoon readings should be back in the upper 80s.
Higher humidity air should move back in Friday night with partly cloudy skies. Lows Saturday morning should be in the middle 60s.
It should be partly cloudy, windy and warm Saturday with afternoon temperatures near 90. There is a slight chance of a late afternoon thunderstorm.
Thunderstorms are likely for overnight Saturday night into Sunday morning. Storm dangers will include damaging winds, large hail and possible tornadoes.
Storms are forecast to be east of our area by sunrise Sunday. Strong west winds are expected which will drive afternoon temperatures back up around 90.
Warm and dry weather is forecast for Monday. Much cooler air is expected to move in Monday night and stay into Thursday.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer