ABILENE, Texas - A cold front moved through our region Thursday. This pushed the moist air and rain chances east of our region. It also brought milder temperatures on breezy north winds.
Look for the fair skies to continue Thursday night with lows in the low to middle 50s.
Mostly sunny skies and warmer temperatures are back with us Friday. Watch out for south winds around 20 mph. Afternoon readings should be back in the upper 80s.
Higher humidity air should move back in Friday night with partly cloudy skies. Lows Saturday morning should be in the middle 60s.
It should be partly cloudy, windy and warm Saturday with afternoon temperatures near 90. There is a slight chance of a late afternoon thunderstorm.
Thunderstorms are likely for overnight Saturday night into Sunday morning. Storm dangers will include damaging winds, large hail and possible tornadoes.
Storms are forecast to be east of our area by sunrise Sunday. Strong west winds are expected which will drive afternoon temperatures back up around 90.
Warm and dry weather is forecast for Monday. Much cooler air is expected to move in Monday night and stay into Thursday.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale