ABILENE, Texas - We tracked a few showers into our northwestern areas Thursday evening. These faded before sundown. Fair skies are forecast for the rest of Thursday night. Low temperatures Friday morning should be in the lower 70s.
Look for mostly sunny skies Friday with afternoon temperatures in the middle 90s. Dry weather is likely for Friday night with lows in the lower 70s Saturday morning.
Partly cloudy skies are forecast for Saturday. We could see a few late afternoon thundershowers affect our northwestern areas. High temperatures should be in the middle 90s.
A cold front is forecast to move south to the Red River and stall Sunday morning. A band of thundershowers is expected to develop on the front and move into the Big Country Sunday morning.
The lingering wind shift line is expected to hover over our area Sunday afternoon and help create more showers or thundershowers in our area for Sunday afternoon and Sunday evening.
The better chances for thundershowers are expected to be more north of our area for Monday. Dry weather and very warm temperatures are forecast for us for Tuesday through Thursday.
- 29 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Abilene teenager indicted for pair of violent robberies
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Abilene police warn of jury duty scam
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver