ABILENE, Texas - Partly cloudy skies and near normal temperatures are found over our region Friday afternoon. We are tracking thunderstorms well to our west Friday afternoon. These storms are moving eastward and could move into our area after sundown.
The storm prediction center has a slight risk for severe storms for our western counties for Friday night. The storm dangers would be damaging winds, large hail, flash flooding and as always lightning.
The storms are forecast to weaken as they move east, but heavy rain and gusty winds could make it into Abilene after midnight.
Partly cloudy skies are forecast for Saturday with high temperatures in the lower 90s. Watch out for strong south winds at 20-25 mph.
Partly cloudy skies are expected for Father's Day Sunday. There is a chance of an afternoon thundershower for our northwestern areas. High temperatures should be in the lower 90s.
Partly cloudy and dry conditions are likely for Monday and Tuesday with highs in the lower 90s. We are tracking a chance for thunderstorms in our area for Wednesday.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit