ABILENE, Texas - Partly cloudy skies and near normal temperatures are found over our region Friday afternoon. We are tracking thunderstorms well to our west Friday afternoon. These storms are moving eastward and could move into our area after sundown.
The storm prediction center has a slight risk for severe storms for our western counties for Friday night. The storm dangers would be damaging winds, large hail, flash flooding and as always lightning.
The storms are forecast to weaken as they move east, but heavy rain and gusty winds could make it into Abilene after midnight.
Partly cloudy skies are forecast for Saturday with high temperatures in the lower 90s. Watch out for strong south winds at 20-25 mph.
Partly cloudy skies are expected for Father's Day Sunday. There is a chance of an afternoon thundershower for our northwestern areas. High temperatures should be in the lower 90s.
Partly cloudy and dry conditions are likely for Monday and Tuesday with highs in the lower 90s. We are tracking a chance for thunderstorms in our area for Wednesday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated