ABILENE, Texas - Sunny skies and above normal temperatures are found over our region again Thursday afternoon. We are tracking a wind shift line to our northwest Thursday afternoon.
This feature could help create thunderstorms Thursday evening. Right now, we are forecasting the storms to stay mainly to our northwest and pass to our north Thursday night into Friday morning.
Partly cloudy skies and very warm temperatures should continue for Friday and Saturday with high temperatures in the middle to upper 90s both days.
Some of our weather forecast models are bringing a chance of thunderstorms into our area for late Saturday night. The better chance for thunderstorms looks to be for Sunday afternoon and Sunday night.
These storms should help to bring a weak cold front in the area Monday. The cold front will likely stall around I-20. This wind shift could be the focus for showers and thundershowers to redevelop – especially in the Big Country – for Monday.
Showers and storms will mostly likely be back north of our area for Tuesday. Look for sunny and very warm conditions again Wednesday.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk