ABILENE, Texas - A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Kent, King and Stonewall counties until midnight. The storms near the New Mexico border Thursday afternoon are forecast to weaken as they approach our area later Thursday evening. However, we could see lightning and heavy downpours still reach our northwestern counties before midnight.
Elsewhere, look for mostly cloudy skies with a chance of a passing shower. Lows Thursday night should be in the lower 70s. Fewer clouds with just a slight chance of mainly afternoon and evening thundershowers are expected in our area for Friday and Saturday. Highs Friday and Saturday should be in the lower 90s.
Partly cloudy skies and mainly dry weather are forecast for Sunday into Monday. High temperatures should be in the lower to middle 90s.
A weak cold front is forecast to move into the big country late Monday and stall in our area for Tuesday and Wednesday. This feature should give us a chance of showers and thunderstorms for Monday night into Wednesday. Temperatures should be a little lower Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017