ABILENE, Texas - We are tracking an upper level disturbance and two cold fronts that should combine to bring showers to our region mainly Saturday and Saturday night. However, look for another dry day for Friday with continued warming temperatures.
Partly cloudy skies are forecast for Friday with low temperatures in the middle 40s and high temperatures in the middle 70s.
Clouds should be increasing Friday with a light shower possible before sunrise Saturday. Low temperatures Saturday morning should be in the lower 50s.
Scattered showers and thundershowers are expected in our area for much of the day Saturday. Cloud to ground lightning will be a weather danger. High temperatures should be near 70.
More, mainly light showers are expected for Saturday night into Sunday morning. Temperatures will be falling again with lows around 40 Sunday morning.
Most fair skies are forecast Sunday, but watch out for strong northwest winds at 25-35 mph with higher gusts possible. High temperatures Sunday should only climb to near 60.
A light freeze is possible for Monday morning. Sunny skies are back for St. Patrick's Day Monday with warming temperatures. Afternoon readings should be back up around 70.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS