ABILENE, Texas - Scattered showers and thundershowers returned to mainly the heartland area Friday afternoon. These are forecast to move east and dissipate this evening.
Dry weather is forecast for our area tonight. Temperatures should not be as mild again with lows Saturday morning in the upper 60s.
Mostly sunny skies are forecast for Saturday with highs in the low to middle 90s. Watch out for south winds at 15-25 mph.
Mostly cloudy skies are expected for Saturday night with lows around 70. South wind around 20 mph with higher gusts are forecast.
Mother's day Sunday should be partly cloudy, windy and warm with high temperatures in the middle 90s. Strong south winds at 20-30 mph are likely. We could have a few isolated late day thunderstorms.
Thunderstorms are more likely Sunday night as a cold front blows in. Thundershowers will be possible Monday morning, but clearing skies are expected for Monday afternoon. High temperatures Monday should only climb into the 70s.
Look for fair skies with highs in the 70s Tuesday and the 80s Wednesday through Friday.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend