ABILENE, Texas - Scattered showers and thundershowers returned to mainly the heartland area Friday afternoon. These are forecast to move east and dissipate this evening.
Dry weather is forecast for our area tonight. Temperatures should not be as mild again with lows Saturday morning in the upper 60s.
Mostly sunny skies are forecast for Saturday with highs in the low to middle 90s. Watch out for south winds at 15-25 mph.
Mostly cloudy skies are expected for Saturday night with lows around 70. South wind around 20 mph with higher gusts are forecast.
Mother's day Sunday should be partly cloudy, windy and warm with high temperatures in the middle 90s. Strong south winds at 20-30 mph are likely. We could have a few isolated late day thunderstorms.
Thunderstorms are more likely Sunday night as a cold front blows in. Thundershowers will be possible Monday morning, but clearing skies are expected for Monday afternoon. High temperatures Monday should only climb into the 70s.
Look for fair skies with highs in the 70s Tuesday and the 80s Wednesday through Friday.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web